波士顿儿童医院（Boston Children’s Hospital）始于1869年，一家非盈利医疗机构。是全球最好、美国最大的儿童医院，历年全美儿童医院综合排名第一，小儿癌症历年稳居全美第一。除了哈佛医学院，合作伙伴还包括哈佛干细胞研究所、麻省理工学院卫生科学与技术、博德研究所、孤独症联盟和波士顿大学。
An NIH-funded postdoctoral research fellow position is available immediately in the Chen lab in the department of ophthalmology at Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School to study the molecular basis of eye diseases.
Successful candidate will perform research in animal models of eye diseases using both genetic and pharmacological approaches to study the underlying disease mechanisms and identify potential therapeutics for vascular and neuronal degenerative eye diseases including retinopathy of prematurity, diabetic retinopathy and age-related macular degeneration.
Current projects in the lab include:
1) molecular basis underlying Wnt signaling-mediated blood-retinal barrier control and vascular leakage;
2) redox-sensitive nuclear receptor mediates retinal pigment epithelium oxidative damage and degeneration in the context of dry age-related macular degeneration;
3) lipid-sensing nuclear receptor mediates chronic ocular inflammation in retinal aging and angiogenesis.
the research fellow will be trained with necessary techniques in eye research. Successful candidate will assist the PI with designing experiments, conducting research and performing molecular and cellular analysis in the projects, presenting research in local seminars and national professional meetings, write manuscripts for peer reviewed publications, and assist with research grant writing and post-award reporting.
Detailed information of the lab’s previous work can be found at:
- Ph.D. in biomedical science, cell biology, molecular biology, neuroscience or related fields; or MD in ophthalmology or relevant specialty; with 0-2 years of experience.
- Track record of publications in scientific journals.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team.
- Experience in wet bench lab work, including small animal (rodent) research, cell culture, microscope imaging, and molecular biology techniques.
Interested candidate please send a cover letter detailing your research interests and career objective, and a CV with names of three references to:
Jing Chen, PhD, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Boston Children’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, firstname.lastname@example.org