芝加哥大学（The University of Chicago），简称“芝大”（UChicago），世界顶尖私立研究型大学，常年稳居多家世界大学排行榜前十位，坐落于美国国际金融中心芝加哥。该校诞生了芝加哥经济学派等众多知名的芝加哥学派，创立了法律经济学，是经济学、法学等社会科学学科的世界级学术重镇；
Dr. Fei received his BACHELOR’s degree in Chemical Physics from The University of Science and Technology of China (2005) and his Doctorate in Chemistry from Columbia University (2010). From 2011 to 2015, he worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
He has been an assistant professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Chicago since 2016. So far, he has published many research papers in top journals such as Science, Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, Molecular Cell, PNAS and eLife. I was awarded Searle Scholar, NIH Director’s New Innovator Award and other awards.
The main research focus of the Fei lab is to understand the mechanisms by which RNAs and RNA binding proteins mediate gene expression and regulation in both bacteria and eukaryotes, in three major systems:
(1) The kinetics and the molecular mechanism by which the cis-acting regulatory RNA element (i.e. riboswitch) distinguishes and binds its ligand and controls gene expression in bacteria;
(2) The quantitative impact of stress-induced bacterial sRNAs on different steps of gene expression, including transcription, translation and degradation, as well as the roles of key RNA binding proteins in this regulation process;
(3) The effect of internal RNA modifications on mRNA translation and stability. In addition to the fundamental biological questions, the Fei lab is also interested in the development of new labeling, imaging and data analysis methods.
Details can be found at：https://feilab.uchicago.edu/
Requirements for applicants:
A visiting scholar or PhD in chemistry, physics, or biology, and published research papers in relevant academic journals as the first author (including acceptance).
For technician applicants:
PhD or Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, physics, or biology. Background in optical imaging, microbiology and cell biology is preferred.
2. Good English writing and expression skills.
3. Good communication and coordination skills in scientific research as well as teamwork spirit.
Application materials :
(1) resume. (2) Contact information of three referees.
We are looking for highly motivated postdoctoral, graduate and undergraduate research assistants. Applicants with background in biology, physics, chemistry, mathematics and computer science are all welcome to apply!
please send your CV, research statement (3 pages maximum) and three reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.