哥伦比亚大学，正式名称为纽约市哥伦比亚大学（Columbia University in the City of New York），简称为哥大，是一所位于美国纽约曼哈顿的世界顶级私立研究型大学，为美国大学协会的十四所创始院校之一，常春藤盟校之一。
Columbia University in the City of New York (CU)
The Azizi Lab (Computational Cancer Biology Laboratory) at Columbia University is seeking enthusiastic and self-driven research scientist with a background in computational biology, machine learning, statistics, data science, bioinformatics and/or genomics, cancer biology, immunology.
The Azizi Lab (azizilab.com) utilizes an interdisciplinary approach combining cutting-edge single-cell genomic technologies with statistical machine learning techniques, to characterize complex populations of interacting cells in the tumor microenvironment as well as their dysregulated circuitry and spatial organization.
Current projects include developing machine learning and deep learning techniques for analyzing and integrating high-dimensional single-cell genomic and imaging datasets for understanding tumor heterogeneity and tumor-immune interactions.
The Azizi lab is primarily affiliated with the Biomedical Engineering Department and the Irving Institute for Cancer Dynamics (IICD) at Columbia University.
We are also affiliated with the Computer Science Department, Data Science Institute and the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The lab is located in the Columbia Morningside (main) campus with additional experimental lab space in the CUIMC campus.
Minimum Degree Required: A visiting scholar or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Biology, Statistics or other relevant fields.
● Publication record in computational biology or machine learning
● Strong interest in applications of machine learning in cancer biology or immunology
● Highly independent and interested in working with a multidisciplinary team
● Strong programming skills in python, R or MATLAB
● Technical skills and coursework in machine learning, data science or statistics
● Previous experience in developing novel machine learning methods or bioinformatics tools
● Experience with processing and analysis of genomic data is preferable
Please send your CV, interests, contact information for three references, and any inquiries to Elham Azizi (firstname.lastname@example.org).